Seagate Recovery Services offers unique recovery service options to suit your specific needs depending on the urgency of your situation. Our service offering is tailored for both individual consumers and businesses.Turnaround times vary and depend on many factors, including:
- The degree to which the data is fragmented or corrupt
- The degree of media damage and how long it takes to read the entire drive to make a mirror image
4. Does Seagate Recovery Services have a confidentiality policy?
Seagate Recovery Services provide a completely secure environment to help ensure the privacy of your valuable information. Seagate will protect the confidentiality of your data against unauthorized disclosure using the highest degree of care and by abiding to stringent ISO 9001:2000 security standards.
5. How do I package and send my hard drive for in-lab recovery?
You only need to send us your hard drive for data recovery. For internal drives, remove the drive from the computer (getting expert help if necessary) and ship only the drive to one of our lab facilities.
It is extremely important that your hard drive be packaged carefully to avoid any additional damage during shipment. Enclose the drive in a clamshell container or an ESD (electrostatic discharge) bag. For external drives, ship the drive in its enclosure along with its cables and power supplies.
If possible, ship the drive in its original manufacturer's packaging, or pack the drive with solid foam padding inside a sturdy corrugated cardboard box. Use of foam packing pellets, bubble wrap or newspaper is not recommended.
You may send it to our service center:
Address: Rm. 2005, 20/F, Eastern Centre, 1065 King's Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong. Attention: Customer Service
TeamOpening Hours: MON-FRI 9:00am - 18:00pm (Close on Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays)
There are occasions when damage to the data is permanent and a complete recovery is not possible. However, it is rare that absolutely no data is retrievable. Using the unique Seagate recovery equipment and procedures, our expert teams are able to successfully recover lost data even in extreme conditions. Should we be unsuccessful in recovering the data you need due to severe media damage, you won't be charged a recovery fee.
7. What is the evaluation process, and how long will it take?
Once we receive your media, our team of highly experienced technicians will determine the extent of your media's damage and data loss. Seagate Recovery Services will assess the amount of work or parts necessary to get the drive working well enough to read the data. Seagate Recovery Services is committed to getting your data back in the timeframe committed to for the recovery.
- Never use a repair or recovery utility program unless it allows you to save the repaired or recovered data to alternate storage media.
- Most importantly, do not format the drive or change the partitions. Either action can result in permanent loss of your data.
- If your drive makes any unusual noises, do not attempt to use any type of utility software. Clicking, buzzing, scraping and other metallic noises may be indicative of mechanical failure. Shut down the computer to avoid further damage to the drive and its data. Send your drive to Seagate Recovery Services for professional recovery in our Class 100 cleanroom environments.